We hope this update finds you and your families well.
As we’re currently unable to hold our usual mess nights and social gatherings, below is an update on what’s happened earlier in the year:
- January mess night was a social evening.
- February mess night was our branch Annual General Meeting – below are details of the changes to the Branch Committee:
- Our new president is S/m Chevalier Robert Barnett – S/m Chevalier Ron Cunningham has moved away for health reasons, but retained his membership.
- S/m Dave Ashley did not stand for re-election to the Committee for personal reasons.
- Our new Standard Bearer is Karl Keeble, who has taken over from Dennis Matthews. We’d like to record our thanks to Dennis for all of his help over the past few years.
- March mess night was the presentation of Legion D’Honneur, the details are below:
- At our recent March mess night a Legion d’Honneur medal was presented to Alfred Guenigault who has recently joined the Royal Naval Association, and is now a member of our branch.
- Alfred Guenigault was presented with the Legion D’Honneur Medal by the Mayor of Ferndown, Mrs Julie Robinson, on 10th March at the 40th annual birthday celebration of the Ferndown & District Royal Naval Association at St Ives & St Leonards ex Services Club.
- Alfred Guenigault with 6th Ulster Rifles Regiment, part of the Airborne Division, landed 60 metres from Pegasus Bridge. He was sent with his regiment to the the small villages to protect the villagers. He was wounded whilst helping others later in the day.